Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Saturday, January 13, 2007
- I am busy getting ready for my next travel assignment. (I'm a travel nurse--and proud of it!) I have switched to a new company for a time (that's another story--no problems--loved Cross Country TravCorp and Lourraine, my recruiter, they just didn't have what I needed at the time I needed it). I am going with American Mobile. They seem to be good too--lots of paperwork! I will be going to New Port Richey, FL. I start Feb. 5th and will be on the road again on Jan. 29. I'm going to be on the telemetry unit for 13 weeks (for now). Oh, the warm breezes and sunshine are calling me. My biggest problem is what NOT to take --of my crafts that is---I want to take it all! A couple-two-three cats will be coming with me and Chris will be staying at the homestead in North Adams with the other kitties. I'm going to be renting my own place when I get there so I EXPECT some visitors. The Strawberry Festival is March 1-11th. Check out their site--http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/ .
- I am currently working at Fairview Hospital in GB per diem. It's a great little place, just too far for me to drive daily (1 1/2 hours--each way). Maybe someday I'll move closer--then again maybe I'll move to Fl and 'travel' up here to them? I wish I had the answers.
- New additions to the family lately: Amy and Josh had baby Ian December 23rd. Healthy, happy and very cute. Baby Jeffrey is doing well as is Miss Jayden, Miss Maya and Miss Ava. (That's 5 grand children for Debbie! And I remain the 'crazy' Aunt C with none right now--that's OK with me!!!!)
- Christmas was good. I didn't get to put all the decorations up that I wanted---I have NUMEROUS boxes of them. The tree looked good. I have an artificial tree that really does look good, it's just that it is THE worst thing to put up. It is an all day affair. --It's still up. Taking it down is a chore too. Christmas eve at Mom's was a little disheveled due to people having to work and the new baby, but I think all had a good time. And the same for the dinner at the Williams Inn. Uncle Butch and Jan's yearly soire' was yummy as always. We all missed Jeff, Jess, Jayden and baby Jeffrey. And Jeremy, Heather, Maya and baby Ava, but hoped all was well with them too. http://2littleladybugs.blogspot.com/
- The weather...........? Still no snow here---that's OK with me!!! But talk about global warming. It's raining here today. The temp is 46 deg. The farmers are not too happy as the plants that need the winter think it's over and are starting to grow now--tulips and apple buds to name some. How crazy--the farmers in the south are saying the opposite. --Go figure.
- And lastly---what this blog is dedicated to: my crafts!!!! I finished one baby blanket for baby Ian, the Moeibus shrug for Deb (still not feeling the love for it yet), a baby hat for ...?, a cute bag for me, two scrapbook calenders (easy), I made all my Christmas cards--loved them. I'm working on a knitted scarf for Chris, Miss Jayden's hat (had to frog that as it was way tooooo big!), my second sock, I think I'll have to either redo the first as it is too short or give them to my sister-they match her shrug--ugg. And I've been doing some beading again lately, I love that. I have to go through my 'totes' to see which will come with me to Fl. AND, and ....THE mother of all sales is on the 18th-21st this year. It's at Wonderful Things in Great Barrington, MA. Early birds get the best worms!!!! Ill be there. http://www.wonderful-things.com/index.htm
Well is that enough?!
I think I'm good for a while. I'm not sure if I will have a computer in FL but I'll try to post when I can. I'll add pics as a new post--still can't get the hang of this blog thing. Pics that I post always go to the beginnning. (!)
Take care and.......justwannacraft,CathyM
PS Don't forget to check out our My Family site and fill in your info--thanks. Email me if you need a new password.