Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another great time at the Scrap-A-Way Retreat!!!

How much do I love going to the retreats???  Way too much!!!   OMG!  We just keep having more and more fun every time I go---is that possible? 
I had 3 more great table mates:
From left: Catherine, Paula, Zaria and me.  It was PJ night---you get more 'croppin cash' for wearing your pajamas Saturday night.  And everybody knows that more cash is better to win prizes with.  I won a Cricut cartridge holder!   yay
I'm holding it there.  And yes that is a chenille robe and purple pj's--they have little owls and say--what else--'night owl' on them.  I bought them just for this event!
Everyone at our table won something--so nice when that happens.  Catherine won the Cricut!!!   She never had one and did not know how to use it---so much fun to have and she'll get the hang of it.
I made a few 2-page layouts and my own small 'smash' book
 and covered a small 'suit case' like case.
Here is the inside to get a hint of what it looked like on the outside--only more tattered:

 It looks good.  I have to embellish it more and do the inside.
And here is one page layout that I did in my favorite theme...


Notice the bottom pic I lifted what is called a 'Flip Flap'.  Way cool.  You stick it too your pages to add more space for pictures.   Maybe someday I will actually bring pictures with me....lol.
They are in two large Rubbermaid containers in (what was) the living room---my son has claimed it right now until he finds his own place---praying daily for this event--but I can't get to them.  Oh well.

Any way I had a wonderful time and looking forward to January in Mystic.  And seeing my scrappin' friend Linda.  It will be fun, fun, fun!

Update:  I received my kit from Close to my Heart.  There are really nice things in here and I can't wait to have my first 'gathering'.  You can check out my website in the mean time  Close to my Heart  and email me if you have any questions.
Thanks
....justwannacraft,CathyM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a note.